Aggie Sverrisson (Texture Restaurant) is without doubt one of the most creative chefs in London. His cooking is light, flavours intense, plating up just stunning and he flies the flag for Icelandic cuisine like no other. His tasting menu is one of the best in town and you can have a Michelin Star meal at lunchtime for £25. Texture also has an utterly fabulous wine list and a stunning Champagne bar……and sommelier!
Although he uses all the latest culinary techniques they do not overload his food and his recipes are magnificent in their simplicity.
His magic ingredient is often water….yes water
This emulsion can be used in a squeezy bottle, spoon and smear or drizzle depending on the consistancy, if its too thick just add a little more water. It goes really well with fish, chorizo, salads, dips, blackened chicken and on and on.
- 2 avocados
- 2 limes, juiced
- 150ml of water
- 20ml of house dressing
- pinch of salt
- A few sprigs of coriander
- 1 pinch of cayenne pepper
- Place the avocado flesh, seasoning, coriander and lime juice in a food processor.
- Blend till smooth adding the water and oil as you go.
- Check the consistency and add more water if too thick
- Pass through a fine sieve, cling film and chill